Accessible Bathrooms for Limited mobility
5 questions Style Care will ask when planning an accessible bathroom:
- What bathroom activities require a user to need assistance?
- Are there medical supplies necessary and where do they need to be placed?
- Is a bath or shower preferred?
- What activities does a user do independently where grab bars should be placed?
- Will the user’s condition deteriorate over time and what will the user’s needs be in the future?
In a small bathroom, sometimes the door can be the biggest hindrance and with this in mind we can sometimes install a cavity slider or an external slider to maximise the available space.
Along with expanding the bathroom door, organisation is a must these days! Why not ask about storage in your bathrooms; we have lots of ideas to make your bathroom feel bigger and more accessible.
5 things we take into account when designing an accessible bathroom are:
- Bathing - Shower and Bath Accessibility
- Bathroom Sink and Vanity Accessibility
- Bathroom Toilet Accessibility
- Bathroom Lighting
- General Bathroom Access and Safety
Download Disability Bathroom Safety Information
To arrange an appointment to discuss an accessible bathroom please call 8322 1794 or complete our online form for a Free No Obligation Review and Quote